ARCTOOLS for Microsoft SQL Server, developed by Redfaire, provides easy to use purge and archive functionality for Microsoft SQL Server databases. The engine creates custom T-SQL at run time, thus ensuring optimal performance on your server. It can be configured for all SQL Server based applications, creating a central application for general archiving activity. The solution does not require extra hardware or external software licenses.
How it works
ARCTOOLS is a rule-based / parameter-driven purging and archiving solution. All functional modules are stored in database tables, which are interpreted and transformed into dynamic SQL statements. There are two primary technical components:
The database component
Because of its close proximity to the database and your data, the database component ensures effective management of large data volumes. The rules and the relationships for the JD Edwards Module are contained within a control database and the engine which interprets/transforms these rules into dynamically generated procedural SQL statements is developed in TSQL (for MS SQL Server).
The front-end component
ARCTOOLS has a built in understanding of the rules and relationships which underlie the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne database, ensuring that data is purged in a reliable and accurate manner without compromising the database.
- The option of proof/test mode enables the user to validate results before performing the actual purge.
- Total control over each step in the archive/purge cycle is ensured, and the ability to ‘reverse purge’ is available if needed.
- The activation/deactivation of rules, the inclusion of bespoke tables or indeed the creation of new purge modules is easily managed.
- ARCTOOLS has a built in scheduler which enables users to automate the purging.
- ARCTOOLS has an internal audit module which logs all necessary job information ensuring that an accurate trace is kept of all archiving activity.
See other versions of ARCTOOLS for:Oracle